3/24/14: U/C: Launchpad
Thanks to those who came out to the Launchpad tonight! (Omar, Martin, Eman, Travis, Victoria, and Rumaisa).
We had a fantastic discussion, downloaded some new apps and even set the stage for future behavior change challenges. Here is an overview for those who missed it.
Can’t stop the SELFIES!
Online vs. Offline Education
- We started off the night talking about the coursera class that a handful of us are taking over the next couple months. It is called “A Beginners Guide to Irrational Behavior” https://www.coursera.org/course/behavioralecon
We then jumped into the differences between online and offline learning and the pros/cons of each.
To maximize any learning, either offline or online, a support group (and now that I think about it, a study group) is essential. Just watch the show Community and tell me they haven’t learned a lot about themselves over the course of that show!
Love & Advertising
We watched the following two commercials and talked about brands, love and deception. Are we being lied to, or are they sincere? You decide.
- La Cucina Italiana: “The Missing Ingredient”
- Is technology enhancing or taking away from our experiences?
- Martin captured the group for day 51 of his #100happydays challenge
- Flotation Tanks
- Read about Martin’s Space & Time tank experience: http://www.idealemon.com/blogposts/2013/11/26/isolation-tanks-time-and-space
- Find out why Omar is Lisa Simpson, and Martin is Homer Simpson.